Careers with CVOEO
When you come to work for CVOEO you're getting so much more than a paycheck! You're joining an organization that, since 1965, has helped to build more prosperous, more socially just communities across Northern Vermont. Employees who work at least 20 hours/week and 1,000 hours/year receive many great benefits, including:
New full time (40 hours/week) employees receive generous paid sick time and up to 3 weeks paid vacation, 3 personal days and 14 paid holidays in their first year. In subsequent years, employees can earn up to 5 weeks vacation and 5 personal days.
- Medical Insurance through BlueCross BlueShield of Vermont. CVOEO pays 84% of the cost of premiums for employee only coverage and 80% of 2-person and family plans.
- Health Reimbursement Account that covers the first $2,000 in eligible out-of-pocket medical expenses and prescription costs ($4,000 for 2-person and family plans).
- Vision Reimbursement Benefit for employees enrolled in BCBSVT health insurance - CVOEO covers 80% of the cost of eye exams and up to $200 in glasses/contact lens expenses, once in a 2-year period per employee/covered dependent.
- Coverage for Domestic Partners is available (see HR for tax implications).
- Dental Insurance through The Standard at no cost for employee only coverage; employee pays difference between single and 2-person/family plan to cover one or more dependents.
- Vision Insurance available through VSP for employees and their covered dependent(s).
- Sec. 125 Cafeteria Plan allows employees to pay insurance premium payroll deductions on a pre-tax basis.
- Accident Insurance available through The Standard for employees and their covered dependent(s).
- Group Basic Life and AD&D Insurance - up to $25,000 term life insurance provided by CVOEO at no cost to the employee.
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance - supplement your agency-provided life insurance by purchasing an additional 1x or 2x your annual wage in coverage (maximum of $100,000).
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance provided by CVOEO at no cost to the employee.
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts allow employees to pay for medical and child/adult care expenses on a pre-tax basis.
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Retirement Account - employees can save for retirement with a 403(b) and/or Roth 403(b) account.
- Membership in NorthCountry Federal Credit Union - CVOEO deposits the initial $25 to open an account. A full range of credit union services are available to employees and immediate family members.
- Income Advance Loan - pay for unexpected expenses with an income advance loan of up to $1,500. (Eligibility rules and repayment terms apply.)
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness - CVOEO is a qualified employer under the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness program. To be eligible for the program, you need to have a qualifying loan, be enrolled in a qualifying repayment plan and you need to certify that you work for a qualified employer. Learn about new benefits offered under the temporarily expanded PSLF program (through 10/31/2022)
- Discounted Gym Memberships through the Edge Sports & Fitness. Great rates for employees and their families, pay over time via payroll deductions.
- Pet Insurance available through Nationwide - pay over time via payroll deductions.
- Employee Assistance Plan through Invest EAP - employees and members of their household receive free access to counseling and mental health resources; referrals for legal assistance, financial planning, childcare; and more.
- CarShare Vermont corporate membership - access short term car rentals at discounted corporate rate
- Hepatitis B Vaccine and Tuberculosis Screening - offered at time of employment at no cost to the employee.