Careers with CVOEO
When you come to work for CVOEO you're getting so much more than a paycheck. You're joining an organization that, since 1965, has helped to build more prosperous, more socially just communities across Vermont.
As a social services organization with nine distinct yet interconnected programs, CVOEO addresses fundamental issues of economic, social, racial, and environmental justice and works with people to achieve economic independence. Formed in 1965 to carry out the Economic Opportunity Act of 1964, CVOEO is a nonprofit organization that relies on support from various sources, including federal, state, and local governments, foundations, corporations, and individuals.
With a dedicated and passionate staff of more than 230 employees, CVOEO offers a holistic and client-centered approach to serving individuals, families, and communities and provides vital support to 20,200 Vermonters every year. With a profound and shared commitment to our mission and values, we do this work better, together.
“We have the ability to make the lives of our most vulnerable community members better. Everyone at CVOEO shares a collaborative and can-do spirit, and we work together to provide quality services to our neighbors in need.”
“Our work benefits the common good. It contributes to nurturing people of every age, gender, ethnic/race, and socioeconomic status, directly or indirectly, and therefore strengthens our community's fabric.”
Office of Racial Equity
“We approach each client with the goal of having that person leave the room a little better off than when they came in. We all work on the big picture dream of ending poverty, but our day-to-day is simply about making sure the people we work with know they're valued and capable of greatness.”
Employees who work at least 20 hours/week and 1,000 hours/year receive many great benefits, including:
New full time (40 hours/week) employees receive generous paid sick time and up to 3 weeks paid vacation, 3 personal days and 14 paid holidays in their first year. In subsequent years, employees can earn up to 5 weeks vacation and 5 personal days.
- Medical Insurance through BlueCross BlueShield of Vermont. CVOEO pays 84% of the cost of premiums for employee only coverage and 80% of 2-person and family plans.
- Health Reimbursement Account that covers the first $2,000 in eligible out-of-pocket medical expenses and prescription costs ($4,000 for 2-person and family plans).
- Vision Reimbursement Benefit for employees enrolled in BCBSVT health insurance - CVOEO covers 80% of the cost of eye exams and up to $200 in glasses/contact lens expenses, once in a 2-year period per employee/covered dependent.
- Coverage for Domestic Partners is available (see HR for tax implications).
- Dental Insurance through Northeast Delta Dental at no cost for employee only coverage. Employees interested in a 2-person or family plan, will pay the difference between that cost and single coverage.
- Vision Insurance available through VSP for employees and their covered dependent(s).
- Sec. 125 Cafeteria Plan allows employees to pay insurance premium payroll deductions on a pre-tax basis.
- Accident Insurance available through The Standard for employees and their covered dependent(s).
- Group Basic Life and AD&D Insurance - up to $25,000 term life insurance provided by CVOEO at no cost to the employee.
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance - supplement your agency-provided life insurance by purchasing an additional 1x or 2x your annual wage in coverage (maximum of $100,000).
- Short Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance provided by CVOEO at no cost to the employee.
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts allow employees to pay for medical and child/adult care expenses on a pre-tax basis.
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Retirement Account - employees can save for retirement with a 403(b) and/or Roth 403(b) account.
- Membership in NorthCountry Federal Credit Union - CVOEO deposits the initial $25 to open an account. A full range of credit union services are available to employees and immediate family members.
- Income Advance Loan - pay for unexpected expenses with an income advance loan of up to $1,500. Eligibility rules and repayment terms apply.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness - CVOEO is a qualified employer under the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness program. To be eligible for the program, you need to have a qualifying loan, be enrolled in a qualifying repayment plan and you need to certify that you work for a qualified employer. Learn about new benefits offered under the temporarily expanded PSLF program (through 10/31/2022).
- Discounted Gym Memberships through the Edge Sports & Fitness. Great rates for employees and their families, pay over time via payroll deductions.
- Pet Insurance available through Nationwide - pay over time via payroll deductions.
- Employee Assistance Plan through Invest EAP - employees and members of their household receive free access to counseling and mental health resources; referrals for legal assistance, financial planning, childcare; and more.
- CarShare Vermont corporate membership - access short term car rentals at discounted corporate rate
- Hepatitis B Vaccine and Tuberculosis Screening - offered at time of employment at no cost to the employee.
Ready to get started? Click here for our current openings and begin your application!
CVOEO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.