- Get Help
- Heating Fuel & Utilities
- Utility discounts
If you're eligible, you may obtain a standard discount off your monthly bill through three utility companies:
- Green Mountain Power (25% discount)
- Vermont Gas (20% discount)
- Burlington Electric (7.5% discount)
We can assist you with the application process:
- Applications for GMP and VT Gas are completed by hand and mailed to the State Office of Home Heating Fuel Assistance; eligibility is determined by the OHHFA.
- Applications for Burlington Electric Department’s discount can be done online at their website or by contacting their customer service.
- Eligibility is determined once per year, so to maintain the benefit, you have to reapply each year.
The development of these programs was mandated through the State, and they can be considered pilot projects; it is expected that within the next few years, all utility companies will be required to provide similar discount programs for income eligible households.