Related Agencies and Resources

We frequently refer people to the agencies listed below. If you aren’t sure who to call, we can help you decide. Call us at (802) 660-3455 x204.

Mobile Home Park Specialists

Department of Housing and Community Development Mobile Home Parks Program

Administers Vermont’s mobile home laws and has adopted rules for mobile home parks.


Mobile Home Park Laws

Vermont Statutes Online

Title 10, Chapter 153: Mobile Home Parks

Mobile Home Park Regulations

Vermont Department of Housing and Community Development

Housing Division Rules, Part I: Mobile Home Parks

Housing Division Rules, Part II: Mediation and Legal Services Payments and CPI for Lot Rent Disputes

Housing Division Rules, Part III: Mobile Home Park Warranty of Habitability

Vermont Law Help

Information about evictions, health, and safety in a mobile home park.

Vermont Legal Aid

Free legal assistance for income-eligible Vermonters.

(800) 889-2047


Cooperative Development Institute

Assistance starting or running a mobile home park cooperative.


Financing and information for cooperative mobile home parks.

Vermont Housing and Conservation Board

Can provide funds for the acquisition of mobile home parks and feasibility planning studies. Also studies energy efficient mobile home designs.

Vermont Statutes Online

Title 11, Chapter 14 Cooperative Housing Ownership Act

Buying or Repairing a Mobile Home

Champlain Housing Trust

No-interest loans for mobile home down payments.

(877) 274-7431

Efficiency Vermont

Information, contractor referrals, rebates, and incentives to make your home more energy-efficient.

GreenPath Debt Solutions

Nonprofit credit counseling.

(800) 550-1961


Homebuyer education and low-interest home improvement loans.

United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Rural Development Program

Low-interest loans for home purchase and repair.

(802) 828-6012 (Montpelier area)

(802) 257-7878 x108 (Brattleboro area)

(802) 748-8746 x112 (St. Johnsbury area)

Weatherization Program

Free home weatherization for income-eligible families.

Park Maintenance Issues

Agency of Natural Resources - Department of Environmental Conservation

Drinking Water and Ground Water Protection Division

Regulates water quality and septic systems.

(800) 823-6500

Compliance and Enforcement Division

Investigates reports of failed water or septic systems.

Regional Offices

Department of Public Safety

Fire Safety Division

Safety inspections of buildings and electrical systems.

Regional Offices

Department of Health

Town Health Officers

Find your local town health officer.

Other CVOEO Programs

Chittenden Community Action • Addison Community Action • Franklin/Grand Isle Community Action

Fuel assistance, free income tax preparation, 3SquaresVT applications, housing search advice, help with security deposits or back rent

Fair Housing Project

Statewide education and outreach about illegal housing discrimination.

(802) 864-3334 x106

Financial Futures Program

Matched savings program and financial coaching in Chittenden, Addison, Franklin, and Grand Isle counties.

(802) 860-1417 x113

Vermont Tenants

Statewide hotline for renters’ questions.

(802) 864-0099

Contact us

  • Phone: (802) 660-3455 ext.204
  • Vermont Emergency Rental Assistance Program: (802) 881-6820 for help with the application

*Due to COVID19, all of our services are provided via phone and email until further notice. *